You want to hear the truth about losing those last 10 pounds? Fad diets aren’t going to help you lose weight. The only way that you are going to shed the extra pounds and finally get the shape and definition you want is through old fashioned exercise. Exercise combined with a healthy diet that is low in processed foods and carbohydrates and high in proteins and nutrients is going to result in finally being able to achieve your weight loss goals.
Not all exercise is created equal. It’s important to find the right exercises as a component of the weight loss program that are suited to your body type and weight loss goals are essential. Here are some of the things that you should consider when starting a weight loss program:
- How much weight would you like to lose through the course of the weight loss program? What are your short term goals and long term goals?
- What areas of the body would you like to tone and define? What goals are in place when it comes to muscle building?
- Are you willing to take on an intensive weight loss program? How many times per week are you willing to complete the workout?
- Are you willing to make changes in your diet?
The right type of weight loss program that includes exercise is going to use a combination of aerobic exercise to burn calories and muscle building and toning exercises to increase muscle mass, tone and define the body therefore increasing the metabolism.
Types Of Weight Loss Exercise Programs
What types of exercise programs are going to be the most effective at helping to achieve weight loss goals?
Exercises that have multiple paces throughout the workout session are known as interval exercises. These types of exercises combine quick and intense bursts with medium to low aerobic exercises to keep the body guessing and increasing the amount of calories that can be burned in the session. Interval exercises are effective when completed on elliptical machines at home or in the gym, but are also part of some of the popular workout programs like P90x and Insanity. They are an effective way to see definition and burn fat fast when combined with a healthy diet.
Core Muscle Training
The core is the center of the body and responsible for much more than balance. Belly fat is some of the worst to have, as it can increase your chances of developing a myriad of health problems. Using core muscle training, you can strengthen and develop the core through toning exercises designed to tame the midsection. Core muscle training should be included in every fitness regimen, to increase the health, balance, stability and endurance.
These two types of exercise programs can be an effective way to change the shape of the body and get the results you want but how can you stick to the weight loss program? Here are some of the tips that you can use to stick to the exercise program and avoid going off track.
- Get a workout buddy. Finding someone who is going to motivate you when you don’t feel like doing that day’s work out or heading to the gym can help to get through plateaus and rough days.
- Keep a food journal. In order to see results from the exercises you are going to have to eat right. Keep a food journal and assess the calories consumed and food choices that are being made.
- Stick to it. Fight through the urge to skip workouts, as one missed workout can lead to two, which can lead to you going off the rails of your fitness program.
About the Authors:
Joyce G. is a professional health blogger and writer. She currently partners with Nordictrack.com in raising awareness about the importance of health and fitness. NordicTrack has come to symbolize the means for serious athletes and fitness-buffs alike to “get ready for adventure,” whatever that may be. Visit our website to look for the best elliptical machines.